Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Poking around BlissWeddingMarket.com

The internet is a weird, wacky place. Researching stuff for your wedding (or your wedding blog) will reveal some scary search results. (Do a Google Images search for “wedding” or “bride” and see how many pictures of Russian mail-order brides turn up in the results.)

Recently my search brought me to BlissWeddingMarket.com. It’s one of those Scary Wedding Industry sites that wants you to spend lots of money.

It’s not enough to have placecards, they have to be held by this creepy angel. The placement of the bottom of the stand makes me very uncomfortable. And cherubs in general freak me out.

As much as I can’t stand this kind of Scary Wedding Industry website, I have to admit these are cute party tickets. Pricey, though. If you're lucky you're a graphic designer or have a friend who is who could easily whip these up.

Mmmm, what a delicious couple.

Initialed toilet paper. I couldn’t make this stuff up.

The thing is, some of this stuff is actually cute, or at least good inspiration. It's just so over-priced. Even if you have an unlimited budget, why would you spend it on these products? It just doesn't make sense.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

OMG! I love the toilet paper! How deliciously tacky! I almost want to buy it just for the total cheese factor!