Sunday, June 17, 2007

8 Days

One week from tomorrow! Wait, does that make today 9 days? Have I been miscounting? It really doesn't matter too much, because I'm looking at the calendar every day, watching the date creep closer and closer.

Yesterday afternoon, after my post, I worked on some napkins. 47 down, 11 to go. I'm working with 2 yards of fabric at a time, which makes 9 napkins. It takes over an hour to make those 9 napkins and it gets tedious ironing and sewing all those edges. But I'm close to the finish line.

This morning I went to farmers' market and my flower guy assured me the'll have plenty of purple dahlias next week. (At $5 a bunch, my bouquet will cost $10 to $15, depending on how many I decide to use. You can't beat that. And we're buying some for decorating the buffet tables and to give all the little girls their own mini-bouquets. 'Cause little girls like that kind of thing.)

We also went to Home Depot and bought two tall bougainvilla vines to serve as a divider for the ceremony area.

For the rest of the day: Mike will clean the porch so there's a place for the bougainvilla vines to live for the next week. I will organize and dust the book cases in the living room to make them "company ready." They really are a mess.

(Dahlias photo from Lynn Slight at WebDahlias.)

No comments: