Saturday, June 23, 2007

2 Days

I was bored yesterday afternoon. I had nothing to do. My mom was working on my dress. Mike was getting his mom from the airport. I puttered around the house. By the time Mike came home, we had about 20 minutes to get changed and catch the train to the city for our dinner with parents, brothers, and officiant. It was a really good dinner. But I was up late and I'm too tired now to post too much about it.

One thing I did yesterday afternoon was laugh over the Exclusively Weddings catalog that arrived in the mail. It's too late for me, but you can order custom soaps, creepy mother-daughter keepsake figurines, and personalized photos of the beach:


Okay, I kinda get that this might be a cool thing to do if you're at the beach taking photos yourselves. But paying someone else to go to the beach, write your name, and then take the picture... Something doesn't feel right. It doesn't seem like unique artwork to me. It seems like one more piece of customized crap. (Which really isn't fair to the beach. That's why it erases your name so quickly.)

No comments: