Friday, August 3, 2007

Essentials?

I've discovered yet another website dedicated to selling you stuff you don't need for your wedding. While browsing for tacky thank-you notes I came across OurMarriage.com. At first glance it looks like your run-of-the-mill etiquette and advice site with the same information you'll find everywhere. But poke around a bit and you'll eventually get to Ceremony Essentials, and that's where you'll find Precious Moments. Essentials? Not one piece of Precious Moments merchandise is essential to anything, let alone an event as important as your wedding ceremony. And I'm sorry, but I can't see any man on the planet signing, framing, and proudly hanging in his living room the Precious Moments Marriage Certificate.
It's just wrong and it makes me cry to think that people buy this stuff for their weddings. The Precious Moments cake toppers seem to be pretty popular for some reason. Why? Why!

(For the Olympics of crap-tastic wedding stuff, check out one of my favorite blogs, Stupid Wedding Crap.)

No comments: