Tuesday, February 26, 2008

DIY -- Rose Accessories

As you all probably know by now, I'm a sucker for DIY projects. While browsing hats and purses to make for myself for regular every day wear, I can't help but let my eye wander to bridal accessories. Especially since it was about this time last year when I started thinking, "Wow, I have a lot of DIY projects for this wedding... Do I need to start them now to be finished by June?" (The answer is that I did not, but by Memorial Day Weekend I was wishing I had.)

Check out this Vogue pattern. (Click on the image to enlarge it.) It shows you how to make the silk roses and then attach them to hair pieces, ring pillows, dresses and lapels. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Scotland. In Edinburgh last summer I saw tartan roses attached to wedding garb and I thought it was very cute. You could make roses from the same fabric as your dress or in an accent color. You can get together with bridesmaids, mothers, or other gals involved in the wedding and make matching roses for hairpieces or purses. The possibilities are endless. These are perfect for a romantic, flowery wedding.

No comments: