Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thank-you Notes and Zazzle

I have a confession to make. I still have five thank-you notes left to send. I don't know why I'm procrastinating on these, but I'll probably get around to writing them out this afternoon. I just ordered my holiday cards and I vowed all the thank-you notes would be sent before any holiday cards.

I'd been trying to get custom-printed cards made from one of my favorite wedding photos. I tried two different companies, Qoop and Snapfish, and I wasn't happy with either one. Thank goodness I bought just one of each card to test. It was costly, but less costly than getting 50 cards I'd be unhappy with. I resigned myself to buying plain old cards or stationary.

But I wanted something custom-made. I don't know why it was so important to me. It just was. What's a girl to do? I turned to Zazzle.com for stamps. I used a photo of my bouquet and turned it into a beautifal stamp to use on all my thank-you notes. The stamp is a small thing, but it meant a lot to me. So my mom was the only person who noticed. At least someone did. Buying the stamps was a little gift to myself. I worked hard to pull off a great wedding. I deserved my own stamp.

And in the end I found some beautiful stationary in a book store in San Francisco's Japantown. Everyone still got a nice personal note. (Well, everyone except those five pending.)

No comments: